Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I always love this time of year where we reflect on all of our MANY blessing, get to spend time with family & stay up all hours of the night playing games, & of course indulging in all of the delicious food! I love Thanksgiving!
These two pictures are before we were all stuffed silly!

My first time baking an apple pie! It was delicious, but as always with baking I learn and grow and figure out what I need to do next time to make it perfect! The lesson I learned this time is to use a deeper pie dish; all of the juices poured out over the sides! Also to prevent a soggy crust, brush the pie dough with egg whites before pouring the filling in! My crust wasn't soggy because I baked it longer, but it would have been! I'm excited to bake another pie with these new tips!
My attempt to make turkey cupcakes. They didn't turn out quite how I expected, but still cute! It was just one of the those disappointing baking days where you think you are Martha Stewart, being very creative & thinking it is going to be a delicious, gourmet cupcake & then you pull it out of the oven and taste it & think otherwise! Wade thought they were good; I guess I was just comparing them to what I've bought at the shops lately!! Oh well!

4 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

It was fun running into you guys at the craft fair! I think your turkey cupcakes are pretty darn impressive and I am sure they tasted great!! I have no clue how you made the turkey shell, that is really cool!

Laura said...

how did you make the turkey on the cupcake!? Is that frosting?

Diana Dye said...

Sarah saw the picture of Tanner at the top of your blog and said, "Nate!" I'm not sure what to make of that.

Those turkey cupcakes are hilarious!

Jolene said...

I made them with caramel.