Sunday, August 14, 2011

Races!

So my goal this year was to beat my time last year with the same race and I did it! So I think I am good with running half marathons for a while, unless I could talk Wade into doing one with me! I actually like the drive that races give you! It forces me to train! Anyway, my time last year was 1:49 and this year was 1:42! I don't know how I did it, I felt like dying around mile 10 and thought if I can just keep moving my feet to the finish line I will be okay with whatever time I get.
I was able to talk my two sister in laws (Erin & Stacey) & my cousin (Aimee, who is not pictured) to run it with me! It was so much fun even though we didn't run it together! I was so proud of them!

My mom and two nieces were able to be there!

As for a marathon? I don't think so. I kept telling myself as I was running, "mark my word, I will never run a marathon." While your running is a bad time to think about other races, after you forget the pain you convince yourself to do it again. However, I don't know if I can convince myself to do a marathon. Too much training!

Another race I did this year was the Wasatch Back Ragnar which I absolutely loved! My cousin asked if I would join her team to replace someone that got injured the week before the race. So I didn't know anyone on my team besides my cousin, and she wasn't even in my van, but I had a blast! It was probably my favorite race. It sounds crazy to think that one (or thousands) would enjoy running all hours of the day and night, uphill, downhill, & with little to no sleep! The legs I ran were 7.4 miles uphill, 4.2 miles moderate, & 3 miles which claimed to be easy, but had a good mile uphill!
I would love to do this race next year, but I don't know if I'll be in Utah in the summer and lets have hopeful thinking that I will have a baby soon!

Running in the dirt road! It was great as all the cars passed me! I could just feel the dirt covering my teeth! And yes same outfit as the half! You have to wear those new shirts with pride, plus it was my new favorite running shirt until I got the ragnar shirt!

Team Nacnud! The orange shirt is not the Ragnar shirt! Just a team shirt!


My other race I did was a 5k in Fort Collins, Colorado when I was working there for two weeks. It was a fun race & I even won a massage!

2 comments:

Diana Dye said...

Wow I am so impressed. I'm just getting back into running after having Henry and I thought I was going to die running 2 miles. Slow and steady right?

And I hope you guys like Omaha. What a fun adventure, just you and your little family.

Jolene said...

Of course slow and steady always wins the race! Well I'm getting back into running again after the move. It's like starting all over again.